Thursday, February 23, 2012

All we got is this picture!

Luckily Niles took a snapshot of his foot at the vet's office.  We had quite an adventurous morning, and I did not take a single picture.  Niles managed to snap this beauty. Words will have to paint the pictures.  
  1. Garbage of the kid's favorite so Niles was very excited to see the garbage and recycling cans outside.
  2. On the way to the Veterinarian we were lucky enough to get stuck by a train going back and forth across Johnson St near Tenney Park.  This lasted 7 minutes and the kids loved it.
  3. When we got to the vet's office we saw some cats and dogs and the kids combine weight was 77.1 lbs.
  4. When we went in to get our cat Ernie checked out Niles managed to snap this picture with my phone.  He was using my phone as a baby-distracter and it worked for a few minutes.  The Vet told us that some x-rays and other stuff was needed and suggested we wait in the waiting room.  I said we would go out for a walk and be back in 20 minutes.
  5. When we got outside the adventure began.  We were able to get 2 garbage trucks, a semi-truck, and a flat-bed tow truck to honk their horn.  If you were only a 1-year-old and a 4-year-old you would realize how cool this was.  They were pretty jazzed.
  6. So we walked down East Wash and ended up at EVP.  After we ordered a pumpkin scone and bear claw Jonas said "This is crazy, they have the same stuff they do at EVP."  I pointed out that he was correct and we just usually go to the more local EVP shops.
  7. I meet up with a retired teacher I taught with who lives in Lodi but comes in for EVP coffee and we sat with him and his coffee club and chatted about fishing.
  8. Tracy, the owner of EVP, was there and invited us to check out the roaster.  Jonas and Niles loved it.   We saw the raw beans from all the farmers she knows from different parts of the world being transformed.  The flame was huge high above 580 degrees and the howl and extraction at the end of the process was something Jonas was talking about all the way home.
  9. When we got back to the Vet Jonas got a chance to see and hold the x-rays of Ernie's foot.  It turns out he didn't break anything, so that was good news. 
  10. We got home just in time to see the recycling and garbage trucks pick up our bins.  I added a little excitement after the garbage truck went by across the street I raced around the house looking for garbage, picked it up, and raced outside just in time to put it in the bin before the truck came by; during all this the kids were cheering while looking out the window.
Bottom line...for not having anything 'exciting' tuned out to be pretty exciting.  You never know what you might uncover as the minutes go by in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment